At Lex Consultancy we are currently working on behalf of our client, a state body, who are seeking to recruit a Finance & Procurement Officer. Joining a small but busy finance team, this will be a contract position covering a maternity leave. With offices based in Dublin 4, the salary on offer is €67,659 pro rata. The successful candidate must be a fully qualified accountant (e.g. CPA, ACCA, ACA), preferably with a background working in the public sector.
The successful candidate will be required to fulfil duties in relation to the management, development, implementation and monitoring of the financial accounting and the procurement function. This will involve the production of monthly management accounts and annual financial statements. The accounts department are excel based (they do not operate using a standard ERP system), so the successful candidate must be an expert in excel skills and experience, highly developed technical accountancy skills and the ability to produce management and annual financial statements from an excel spreadsheet.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Preparing the annual statutory financial statements for certification by the C & AG and monthly management accounts in accordance with recognised accounting standards;
- Preparing and managing estimates, budgets, forecasts and such financial or other submissions as may be required;
- Provide support to the Corporate Services Manager in relation to planning, organising, controlling, managing and coordinating the efficient operation of the Finance function;
- Overseeing the payroll process which requires integrated working between HR and Finance to ensure accurate and timely payroll processing and reports.
- Prepare analyses, reports and papers for Finance Committee, Audit Committee and Board meetings. Attend and input to Board and Committee meetings, as required;
- Providing support to the Corporate Services Manager in ensuring adequacy of financial management and reconciliation systems;
- Supporting and contributing to the effective monitoring and implementation of the budget as determined by policy priorities and budgetary limitations (i.e. budget amendments and other required actions);
- Participating in and utilising professional accounting knowledge for Financial Management System (FMS) upgrade and enhancement projects;
- Developing of new procedures and reporting systems in the Finance Unit as required;
- Planning, organising, managing and supervising the work and staff of the Unit. Continuously reviewing and improving the service delivery processes with the view to achieving efficiency, consistency and transparency;
- Provide advice to the Corporate Services Manager on systems to ensure proper internal and accounting controls and performance measures are in place to deliver efficient and high value services;
- Providing advice on audit and financial management issues as required,
- Liaising with the internal and external auditors on audit matters, including the C & AG and effectively dealing with any queries issues that arise, in support of the Corporate Services Manager and the Director;
- Providing advice on procurement e.g. planning, tendering and using government framework agreements;
- Provide support to the Corporate Services Manager to ensure procurement procedures meet the Public Procurement requirements and comply with EU and National Procurement Rules;
- Provide support in the development and implementation of the procurement plan, ensuring that the applicable financial and procurement policies and procedures are followed;
- Developing, monitoring and proposing revisions to financial and procurement policies, practices and procedures.
- Engaging effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Full membership of a prescribed accountancy body supervised by the Irish Auditing and Accounting Supervisory Authority (IAASA); e.g. CPA, ACCA, ACA;
- Minimum of 3 years PQE (Post-Qualified Experience) is required;
- Experience preparing audit reports and audit files;
- Experience obtained over a number of years in producing annual financial statements;
- A good understanding of public sector accounting and financial management systems;
- Well-developed IT skills, familiarity with Financial Management Systems and advanced experience using Microsoft Excel;
- Knowledge and experience of governance within the public service, particularly the Code of Practice for the Governance of State Bodies 2016;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including the ability to communicate with Senior Managers, Board members, Committee members, Internal and External Auditors and internal and external stakeholders.
If you have the above attributes and would like to be considered for this position, please submit your CV via the enclosed link. For further queries please contact Amy Maguire on 01 6633030.