My client, a public sector body based in Dublin 2 are looking to recruit a Finance and Operational Performance Manager to join their senior management team. This will initially be a 9 month contract with the view to permanency. The salary on offer is €68,310 and is non-negotiable.
This is a very exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to bring real value to the company and optimise the performance of the business. Interviews will be carried out remotely and the re-opening of the offices will be in line with Government guidelines.
Reporting directly to the Head of Operations and working closely with the Finance Manager and the Executive Leadership Team, this person will manage a team of 4. This will be a dynamic role and the successful candidate will oversee key business support functions, contract management of out-sourced providers, procurement support and facilities management.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Identify and outline KPIs to measure operational performance of the business
- Manage the reporting, analysis and presentation of key financial performance data for the organisation
- Manage the effectiveness of the budget planning process
- Oversee the preparation of monthly management accounts & the annual financial statements
- Liaise with auditors
- Oversee all organisational procurement activities and manage the outsourced procurement advisers
- Review and manage the insurance portfolio
- Manage the organisation’s physical assets to ensure maximum value
- Ensure the facilities are maintained to a high standard and in full compliance with health and safety obligations
- Manage and develop the finance and support services team including performance reviews and development plans for the members of the team
- Identify risk and assist the organisation in our purpose of mitigating regulatory risk
To be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Ideally you will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA)
- Min. 5 years relevant experience
- Substantial management experience
- Experience in change management, process optimisation, operations intelligence, and forecasting
- Knowledge of public sector accounting guidelines and public procurement procedures would be advantageous but not essential
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Amy Maguire.