The Finance Manager is responsible for managing the Finance Team within the organisation. This involves managing the Finance and Accounting functions including fulfilling the statutory and regulatory functions. Reporting the Director of Finance and Corporate Services, Head of Operations and the CEO.
Management of all aspects of the organisation’s finances to include:
- Responsibility for the preparation of Monthly Management Accounts.
- Responsibility for the preparation of Annual Financial Statements.
- Preparation of Budgets and Cash-Flow Statements.
- Preparation of Cost Analysis Reports on various areas of activity and projects.
- Overseeing the work of the team in the operation of payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, travel and subsistence processes.
- Managing, mentoring, and developing the Finance team to maximize the team and individuals’ potential to enhance performance and meet business objectives.
- Review, development and implementation of financial policies, internal controls, and procedures.
- A professional qualification in Finance / Accounting.
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing a finance function in a comparable role within a regulatory and/or public sector organisation.
- An understanding of the workings of the public sector/regulatory framework.
- Proven experience of financial management, planning and budgeting.
- Knowledge of financial reporting standards and public sector finance, procurement, and project management.
- Experience of managing a significant volume of work.
- The ability to analyse financial data and to produce well-judged solutions to complex problems.
- Proven experience of effective staff management, including team leadership and prudent use of resources.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Experience of presentations to Boards, Committees, and stakeholders.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability and experience to make a significant contribution to the development of efficient and effective processes and procedures, and innovation regarding same.
Professional Accountant Grade II role. Hours Mon-Fri 9-5:30. Salary €63,275. 12 month fixed term contract. This will be a remote based role with some flexibility tome cone on site from time to time.
If you are interested in this role please send your CV via the web link.