Finance Manager // 12 Month Contract // Public Sector // Dublin City Centre // €65k
At Lex Consultancy we are seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and motivated Accountant to take up the position of Finance Manager with a Public Sector organisation with offices in Dublin 2.
Reporting to the Finance and Grants Manager, this position will hold the following responsibilities:
- Leading on all matters in relation to financial control, including, Preparation of the Monthly Management accounts, Directorate and Departmental accounts and reporting on variances against budget to the Line Managers/Executive/Board
- Managing the Annual Budget estimates process for pay and non-pay and preparing the documentation for presenting to Executive and Audit Committee for review and approval
- Preparation of the Annual Financial Statements for the Foundation and preparing the audit documentation for the Statutory audit
- Preparing the internal audit documentation and acting as the main point of contact during the various internal audits
- Making regular supplier, expenses and capital grant payments in compliance within the Prompt Payments Act.
- Reviewing supplier and staff set up.
- Preparing quarterly documentation for Freedom of Information and Model Publications Scheme
- Processing the monthly payroll charge in the General ledger
- Processing Third Party deductions including Revenue payments and preparing VAT and PSWT payments and returns
- Overseeing the maintenance of iprocurement and iexpenses Exchequer Financial Systems modules and any other enhancements to the Financial system as required
- Support the procurement needs and any major procurement during the year
- Manage the ‘Accounts Payable and Procurement Liaison Officer’ and ‘Finance Intern
To be considered for this role, applicant will meet the following requirements:
- The successful applicant should have a recognized accountancy qualification with a minimum of three years post qualification experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and an ability to lead staff and management across all levels, both internally and externally
- Excellent ability to acquire and evaluate information i.e. data analysis, interpretation and report writing
- Numerate and accurate with attention to detail and an ability to work within tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills and conceptual thinking capability
- A high level of financial modelling
The successful candidate will be free to commit to a 12 month contract beginning in May 2019. A salary of €65,000 will be payable.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a very supportive team in a dynamic working environment. Click Apply to send your cv today or call Laura Craughwell at Lex Consultancy for further information on 01 6633030.