Our client is seeking applications from solicitors for this job who have 0 - 1 years PQE with a strong background in property, planning and or commercial law. The ideal candidates should also have a strong interest in the field of energy law (particularly wind and solar energy) and a desire to become an expert in this growth area.
This is your opportunity to work alongside lawyers who are internationally commended for their work in the specialised area of Renewable Energy law.
Required Experience / Skills:
• Excellent drafting skills;
• Experience in wind energy projects is a NOT prerequisite - but a genuine interest in this area is!
• Comfortable with all stages of commercial property transactions, including investigating title and drafting leases;
• Ability to work on own initiative but also as part of a team;
• A sociable person, capable of communicating at all levels with an ability to communicate points clearly in a non-confrontational manner
• A calm and measured approach to problem solving
• A willingness to work hard above and beyond normal office hours, if required;
• A willingness to attend networking and marketing events, if required.
The successful candidate will be involved in:
• Advising clients on the development, finance and construction of wind energy projects, both on-shore and offshore;
• Carrying out legal due diligence on wind farm projects on behalf of banks, investors and prospective purchasers (this is likely to extend to due diligence on other energy projects e.g. CHP, biomass, solar PV etc);
• Advising clients on regulatory and electricity market changes, including I-SEM, RESS and DS3;
• Advising clients on planning & development law, including EIA and AA.
Applicants should have strong organisational and interpersonal skills as well as a good work ethic, energy, enthusiasm and be highly motivated.
The salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please note only candidates that match the minimum job requirements above will be contacted for this role.