We are working with a global client on a rare opportunity for an in-house Deputy Company Secretary role. This is a permanent position in which you will be responsible, alongside the Company Secretary, for ensuring this client remain in line with all statutory, regulatory and governance requirements. When required, you will also deputise for the Company Secretary.
This role represents the chance to work with a company who truly care for and look after their staff. The package that they offer and flexible working arrangements are testament to their commitment to building a strong culture. This is a chance for a Company Secretary to find work-life balance while still having a busy and fulfilling role.
As part of the package, they offer:
- Hybrid working – minimum 2 days onsite.
- Strong base salary DOE.
- Very impressive benefits package including 27 days annual leave + 2 company days, bonus, pension and subsidised health insurance.
The duties of this role will include:
- Supporting the Company Secretary in all statutory responsibilities for the group.
- Administration and preparation for all Board meetings including preparation of board packs, taking detailed meeting minutes, preparation of reports and summarising of key points.
- Working with the Executive Team in administration of management-level committees including preparing agendas, minute taking, action items and any associated documentation.
- Deputising for the Company Secretary – attendance and minuting at meetings where necessary, arranging for execution of documents.
- Take responsibility for the annual review of the Terms of Reference of entities of the company; for the bi-annual review of the Company Secretarial Manual; and for the quarterly attestations on the internal control framework.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of the internal database and statutory registers efficiently and in line with specified deadlines.
- Provide support to the Company Secretary in documenting all matters related to the company’s entities.
- Act as part of a team, mentoring and supporting junior staff and supporting the Company Secretary as required.
To be considered for this role, you will need to have:
- ICSA Qualification and excellent knowledge of Irish company law including the Companies Act 2014.
- 5+ years’ experience in a company secretarial team.
- Professional experience in the use of Diligent Board Books, Diligent Entities and MS Office.
This is an important role for this client and they are eager to find a suitable candidate. To apply, please submit your CV to Sarah Ryan in Lex Consultancy.