Nov 2021 // A commercial lawyer with knowledge and experience of working in the energy sector is sought by an organisation in Dublin. This role offers a hybrid working model and an excellent work/life balance.
Pension and excellent annual leave terms make up the terms.
The individual will require the ability to work as a key member of the Legal Team and demonstrate flexibility to meet tight deadlines. It is expected that the individual within the role will place a great deal of emphasis on client service and will demonstrate an openness to a diverse range of job assignments and excellent organisational capabilities. The role holder will be aware of how their legal specialisation integrates within the legal function.
- The new in-house solicitor will work as part of the project team giving legal advice, support and assistance to the project team in relation to:-
- Give legal advice, support and assistance in respect of the various functions business/regulations/affairs within the organisation;
- Provide legal advice and support to the procurement and regulatory function within the organisation.
- Provide accurate, effective and timely legal support on contract drafting and/or review including the negotiation of contracts as well as tracking all original contracts and related documentation signed by the organisation in the Contract database/safe system.
- Provide accurate, timely and effective legal advice on the organisation's policies and procedures and on existing and new legislation and licence conditions.
- Develop standard documents and streamline legal processes in relation to the business activities of the organisation including the procurement function and data protection and FOI issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Qualified solicitor (or barrister) typically with 2- 4 years post qualification relevant experience in commercial and contract law.
- Proven track record of drafting and proactively organising/managing high workload and ability deal with a wide range of legal fields.
- Ability to analyse and advise internal personnel within the organisation's legal obligations.
- Experience in applying good judgment and resolving problems under pressure/resistance.
- Demonstrate flexibility in working hours.
- Professional attitude showing strong leadership skills, proactive approach and ‘can do’ attitude essential.
- Be highly organised and efficient with an ability to manage multiple priorities and ensure deadlines are consistently met;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- A high level of computer proficiency;
- A strong work ethic.
Please contact Michelle Nolan in Lex Consultancy for further information.
Applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager immediately.