The position is a key member of the Marketing and Communications Team with a specific focus on the delivery of commercial analysis to achieve the organisations strategy initiatives for 2024. The role will actively engage and support the Marketing and Communications Manager and the team to understand and deliver on commercial requirements and provide professional advice, analysis, support and solutions. The role will be responsible for liaising with internal and external stakeholders, management, and analysis of campaigns.
This role will be responsible for maximising commercial potential for customer acquisition and retention activity, and for supporting the development of the go-to-market strategy(ies) for new programmes.
Managing key stakeholder relations with partner organisations, you will help maintain the organisations competitive advantage in the market through strengthening our partnership structures and helping to ensure accurate forecasting and planning are used for executive decision making.
Finally, you will provide regular analysis and market insight on core commercial activity(ies) to optimise marketing campaigns and build out effective communications.
- Achieve business objectives and targets through effective planning, goalsetting, forecasting and analysis
- Establish clear forecasts with regular reporting on targets and KPIs, commercial KPIs and have a wider awareness of, and ability to conduct business analysis on, programme and market information
- Build in and regularly review end-to-end commercial processes, and optimise the customer acquisition process to include required level of investment and customisation
- Feed into campaign planning and review sessions with emphasis on sales analysis and market insight
- Review and help manage existing partnership structures, and identify new commercial partners and business opportunities in key market verticals
- Oversee grassroots market outreach and business development for new commercial activity, including pitching to multilevel stakeholders and participating at sector events
- +5 years’ end to-end sale cycle management and negotiation experience is desirable, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience at manager level
- Preferred qualification marketing / business / management / statistics / economics
- Strong technical experience; good understanding of best in-class sales / relationship management tools and processes, in order to identify and manage commercial opportunities
- Experience working within a structured target led and commercially driven environment in both B2B and B2C verticals
- Experience of digital and channel transformation, sales and service excellence, and/or value proposition design is an advantage
- Robust reporting, analytical and forecasting skills
- Knowledge of CRM, PRM, and sales management processes, with an emphasis on digital optimisation
- Strong organisational and project management skills for managing and reporting on multiple projects
- Relationship and process management / standardisation, with a focus on interdepartmental working
- Excellent communication (written, presentation and verbal) and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to establish and maintain effective client relationships
- Ability to motivate and engender trust among customers and key stakeholders
- Keen collaborator and team player, who succeeds at developing good working relationships across varying stakeholder groups
- Lateral thinking and problem-solving skills
- Fluent English at a professional level is essential