Lex Consultancy is recruiting for a Business Systems Analyst on behalf of our client, who is a leading property company in Ireland.
The primary role of the analyst is to support the finance function, and will be to manage day to day administration and operations of various custom in-house and property systems. The individual will work closely with finance and business users across the EMEA region to help with reporting and to manage enhancements to these applications.
The analyst will be a strong business partner and will be the point of contact on system related month end close tasks, issue resolutions related to various business processes. The role requires strong numerical skills, good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines, with a high degree of accuracy. A knowledge or background of finance related tasks and activities is desirable but not essential.
- Partner with the International accounting and property teams to document and re-engineer current processes within the business applications. Identify gaps and opportunities for automation.
- Provide daily administration and support applications. Conduct periodic training for end users on current and new systems features and processes.
- Monitor, assign and resolve daily tickets co-ordinating with the external software provider on technical issues when necessary.
- Partner with the accounting team in bringing efficiencies to their monthly close process and improve upon existing system reporting needs.
- Work with business users to gather requirements for new applications and enhancements to current.
- Document requirements in a business requirements document (BRD) and functional design document (FRD)
- Manage the end-to-end project lifecycle including design, development, system and user acceptance testing through production rollout across EMEA working closely with local teams
- Actively identify gaps between current and desired end-states, and deliver solutions that create efficiencies and add value
- Ensure procedures, processes and proper change controls are adhered to on all production changes and implementations
- Responsible for developing and providing audit reports to the internal controls team and external auditors as requested
- Support Finance in month-end close ensuring a smooth and error free process
- Bachelor’s degree or suitable qualifications in computer science and/or accounting with related experience
- 3-4 years’ experience in systems analyst or administrator roles supporting ERP or Finance applications
- 3-4 years’ experience working with Financial modules (General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Accounts Payables, Treasury, Procurement)
- Experience working directly with finance users in gathering requirements and developing solutions
- Must have a good understanding of finance and accounting concepts
- Exposure to process and project management methodologies, tools and processes
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities with competing priorities
- Fluency in a European foreign language desirable but not essential
If you are interested in this role, please apply via the relevant link.