Our client, a regulatory body based in Dublin 2 are currently seeking a Business Support Executive to join their team. Reporting to the Business Support and Finance Manager, the Business Support Executive will administer and coordinate the support services function and assist with the accounts payable activities. The salary on offer for this position is €31, 384. Our client offers a hybrid working model and require attendance on site 2 days a week.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing administrative support to the organisation with procurement activities including co-ordinating meetings and ensuring procurement files are complete with all required documentation.
- Preparing payroll in partnership with the Finance and Business Support Officer, ensuring compliance with health sector pay policy.
- Assisting with pension administration.
- Supporting the Finance and Support Services Manager with contract management of procurement services consultants, including coordinating activities, periodic review meetings and case management.
- Maintaining the organisational service provider/supplier contracts database and updating as required.
- Providing assistance with internal and external audits as required.
- Assist with the coordination of facilities management activities and engage with our facilities management service provider.
- Support the Head of Corporate Services with the secretariat of the Performance and Resources Committee, coordinating its meetings, preparing agendas and documentation for meetings, taking Minutes and tracking necessary actions, as required.
- Preparing internal and external reports, as required.
- Supporting the Finance and Support Services Team with any other duties, as required.
- Provide support to wider organisational projects, working groups, committees, etc.
The role involves cross training and covering for the Accounts Payable function, as required. The activities involved in accounts payable are listed below:
- Administration and coordination of the accounts payable function including the timely and accurate posting of invoices and issuing to the relevant budget holder for approval.
- Resolving any queries with suppliers and escalating as appropriate.
- Preparing the weekly payment runs and ensuring that all payment terms are in line with Prompt Payment of Accounts Act 1997.
- Monthly reconciliation of creditors balances and creditors ledger.
- Processing and payment of expense claims from staff, Council and Committee members in line with public sector travel and subsistence policy and procedures
- Processing of professional services withholding tax (PSWT) and submission of monthly returns to Revenue.
- Preparing prompt payment reports and other administration and finance statistics.
- Monthly preparation and reconciliation of the organisation’s bank accounts.
- Dealing with the organisational credit card(s), coordinating compliance with policy and reconciling statements for sign-off.
- Assisting with the preparation of the monthly management accounts including preparing monthly accruals, journal entries and trial balance reconciliations.
Key Requirements Candidates must have:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a finance or support services function.
- Experience in using financial systems, ideally Sage 200.
- At least intermediate level in Excel (e.g., pivot tables and formulae).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
The following are considered desirable:
A Level 8 qualification on the National Framework of Qualifications or equivalent experience in Finance, Business Management or another relevant field.