A well-known legal firm in Dublin city centre are looking to recruit a Business Development Manager for developing and executing business development and marketing programmes for the Finance Department.
This is a newly created position where you will be is responsible for raising the profile of the Finance Department, helping to acquire new clients and expand existing client relationships.
- Provide strategic direction for all business development and marketing activities.
- Implement the business development and marketing elements of the Finance Department business plan
- Review and supervise Practice Group business development and marketing plans to ensure alignment with the Department’s plan.
- Work with the lawyers, professional support lawyers and the BD & Marketing team to market the services and expertise of the Finance Department by the development and deployment of thought leadership content and other profile-raising activities.
- Work with the firm’s marketing team to draft press releases, track published articles and consider social media strategy around key projects.
- Manage departmental rankings, including oversight of submissions to legal directories and share best practices in the submissions process.
- Work with the professional support lawyers to develop client and market facing knowledge based marketing tools and materials – technical updates, client education – webinars and seminars etc.
- Work with partners to enable client teams to develop more finance work for the firm.
- Support the preparation of responses to requests for proposals or information on the Finance Department and in preparing partners for business development meetings with clients and prospects.
Analysis and Research:
- Actively develop and maintain a deep understanding of the banking and financial services market and the competitive position of the Finance Department through extensive internal and external research.
- Monitor, analyse and communicate market, industry and competitive trends for the Finance Department.
- Lead the review and continuous improvement of the Department’s suite of marketing materials, including capabilities statements, pitch templates, deals lists, website content (internal and external) and press releases.
- Ensure the department’s deals and work experience are collected on a regular and timely basis, submitted to firm’s systems.
- Degree in business, marketing, communications (journalism, public relations) – or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a marketing or business development role working in a professional services firm environment.
- Experience leading business development and marketing for a practice group, service line or industry group.
- Experience working with partners/senior executives in a professional services firm.
- Previous experience in a managerial role.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to prepare specialised written materials.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Strong judgment and ability to make well-reasoned independent decisions.
- Advanced understanding of strategic marketing and communications.
- Self-motivated and independent, able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including pleasant nature and ability to influence others.
- High degree of attention to detail.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your CV to Sarah at Lex Consultancy via the link below