I’m recruiting a Business Analyst to join a fast-moving software development team. This role will report to the head of Software Development and will assist the overall team by ensuring all requirements are accurately and thoroughly captured, analysed and then documented and presented in a way that the requestor and the developer can both understand, so that any potential misunderstanding is avoided.
- Elicits, analyses, specifies, and validates the business needs of stakeholders, - colleagues, customers and end users.
- Conducts interviews to gather customer requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Works with stakeholders and project team to prioritise collected requirements.
- Research, review, and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Documents all requirements clearly and thoroughly in a way that can be understood by the business owner and the developer.
- Analyses and verifies requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Translates conceptual customer requirements into functional requirements in a straightforward manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Creates process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Develops and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement documents are correctly interpreted.
- Assists with the interpretation of customer requirements into feasible options and communicating these back to the business stakeholders.
- Manages and tracks the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
- Communicates changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements — verbally or through written documentation — to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
Personal and Qualifications Required:
- Relevant third level Business Administration, Finance or Information Systems degree (or a business equivalent) is essential for this role
Business Analyst Skills/Attributes
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks while under pressure
- Strong customer focus
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience in a software development organisation
Work Experience Necessary:
- Three years related work experience
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modelling, verification, and methodology development
- Excellent English both written and verbal.
- Experience of remote working.
If you are interested in this position please send your CV to Sarah at Lex Consultancy