My client, a public sector regulatory body based in Dublin 2 are looking to recruit an Assistant Financial Accountant to join their small but busy finance team.
Reporting directly to the head of finance, this is a permanent position. Both fully qualified and part qualified accountants (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA) are invited to apply.
The salary for this role starts at the first point of the SEO scale - €48,868 per annum and is non-negotiable.
The closing date for applications is Friday 14/02/20 at 5pm. Interviews will take place 25/02/20.
The duties of this role include:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly & quarterly management accounts including analysis and investigation of variances.
- Assist with the annual statutory audit and preparation of statutory accounts.
- Assist the Head of Finance with the preparation and monitoring of devolved budgets.
- Have responsibility for the posting of all month end journals and reconciliation of all bank accounts.
- Reconcile and analyse all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis for review by the Head of Section.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Register.
- Report on the investments and returns.
- Assist the Chief Risk Officer in the maintenance and updating of the Risk Register
- Assist with amending and updating policies and procedures in line with best practice ensuring compliance with legislation.
- Liaise with both internal and external auditors.
- Manage the work of the finance executives and contribute to their learning and development plan within the team.
- Assist with continuous improvement of financial reporting process.
- Provide administrative support to the Audit, Finance & Risk Committee.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Will be a qualified or Part qualified Accountant (i.e. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA).
- Will have a minimum of 2 years technical management accountancy experience
- Experience in a Public Sector or similar organisation is desirable but not essential.
- Strong financial management competencies (financial analysis, accounting, trouble shooting and cost control principles etc)
- Excellent communication & time management skills.
- Excellent IT skills including integrated accounting packages and Microsoft Office particularly excel.
If you meet the above requirements please send your CV to Amy Maguire, or call 01 6633030 for more information.