My client, a global engineering consultancy firm based in Dublin city centre are seeking to recruit an Accounts Payable Executive to join their busy finance team.
This is a maternity contract for 9-10 months (depending on start date) and a competitive salary will be on offer.
The successful candidate will report to the Team Lead and will have tasks directly passed on from the Financial Controller. This position will be have one junior Accounts Payable Assistant reporting into them.
Duties of the role include:
- Checking all batches and journals entered by the Accounts Payable Assistant
- Processing weekly payment runs and posting all payments to the ledger.
- Administering bank accounts online including the setup of payments
- Reconciling statements monthly for all creditors
- Act as point of escalation for payments/non-payment queries from creditors
- Experience of all aspects of VAT processes and knowledge of reverse charge processes
- Responsible for processing the bi-monthly VAT3/quarterly VIES/RTD incorporating intercompany charges
- Monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Posting bank transactions and payments
- Maintaining the fixed assets register for the Irish Entity
- Review of ledgers monthly in accordance with budgets and preparation of adjustment journals as necessary
- Checking and posting of the cash receipts and sales invoices monthly journals to the ERP system
- Responsible for month end routine for the financial month end
- Processing monthly accrual and prepayment journals
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Professional qualification preferred - Accounting Technician or equivalent as minimum
- 3+ years experience in a similar position
- Previous experience of working in a multi-national corporation or within a shared services environment is an advantage
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- ERP System experience essential i.e JDE/Oracle
- Excellent team player with strong communication skills
To be considered for this position, please send a copy of your cv for immediate review to Amy Maguire at Lex Consultancy via the enclosed link. Queries can be made by calling 01 6633030.