At Lex Consultancy we are currently recruiting an Accounts Assistant on behalf of an international financial services organisation.
This is initially a 12 month contract with a view to permanency. Based in Dublin City Centre, the salary on offer is €30-35K depending on experience.
You will be joining a busy and growing finance team; this is a varied role where you will get exposure to many aspects of the finance function.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Daily processing of invoices.
- Processing of invoice amendments / reversals / write-offs where required.
- Ensuring accurate recording of VAT on all invoices.
- Interaction with departments to clarify billing rules and regulations.
- Liaising with the accounts payable (AP) team to ensure and assist with accurate recording of disbursements.
- Match all delivery dockets to the invoices and fill out the payment forms for all vendor invoices and enter onto finance system
- Match all receipts against the office credit cards, process the forms in the finance system
- Write all cheques (client & office) for the office and arrange for signature by the relevant personnel
- Arrange payment of supplier invoices
- Process payments for each payment run on the online banking profile
- Staff Expenses
- Posting cash receipts and payments
- Completion of bank reconciliations
- Attend the bank with lodgements
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills – intermediate level
- Experience working in a professional services organisation is desirable but not essential
- Work independently and as a team member
- Tact and diplomacy to deal with confidential matters
- Manage a complex and demanding workload and prioritise tasks and projects to meet work standards and personal performance targets
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with people at all levels of understanding.
- Use and update computerised systems, including the intranet, databases, word processors, and spreadsheets, and genuine interest in developing IT skills
- Participate in continuously improving services through critically evaluating systems of work, promoting new ideas and actively developing service improvements and
- Work in a flexible manner and respond to changing circumstances
To be considered for this opportunity, please send a copy of your CV for immediate review via the enclosed link. For further enquiries you can contact Amy Maguire on 01 6633030.