General Ledger Accountant - Multi National Organisation - Dublin 24 - 6 Month Contract - €56k
Our client is a multinational organisation with a busy shared services finance function operating in Dublin 24. They currently have a requirement for an experienced General Ledger Accountant to join their Finance team for a 6 month contract. Interviews for this position will take place on Wednesday, March 20th.
The successful applicant will be confident in carrying out the following duties:
- Responsible for the preparation and accuracy of multiple US GAAP & Local GAAP balance sheets and profit & loss accounts
- Management of multiple month end close activities, including coordinating variance reviews with team members to validate the accuracy of reporting at a high level
- Review of the work of more junior team members, including during month end, review of journals prepared & submitted by more junior team members.
- Review of black-line reconciliations prepared by team members to the standard required by Enterprise Wide Accounting Policies & Procedures Manual and review of desk level procedures.
- Leading and supporting the reporting to GAC management on transition activities, including being a core point of contact for country management throughout the progression of the transition and thereafter.
- Reviewing Desk Level Procedures (‘DLPs’) for transitioned & existing work to ensure that our documentation of our processes and procedures is of a sufficient standard to support business continuity objectives.
- Active involvement in completing STAR (Statutory Accounting & Reporting) requirements.
- Preparation & completion of initial review of quarterly one source tax provisions (‘OTP’) calculations within the OTP system & return to provision submissions within the OTP system.
- Significant involvement in supporting multiple statutory audits
- Ensuring GAC initiatives are implemented, for example those driven by the Dublin Self Audit team or Dublin GAC training team.
- Driver of best practices & efficiency across the GAC in terms of bringing forward approaches to support specific work streams..
- Ability to evaluate ledger compliance with US GAAP & Local GAAP methods including assessing unusual issues or complex matters.
Interested applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of experience in general ledger accounting or public accounting required
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills required
- US GAAP experience
- Chartered Accountant, Certified Public Accountant (ACCA/CIMA) required
- Experience in an accounting shared service environment preferred
- Background in general ledger work migration preferred
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity, please send a copy of your cv for review in complete confidence via the enclosed link. This 6 month contract will offer a pro rata salary of €56,000.
For further information. please call Laura Craughwell at Lex Consultancy on 01 6633030.